As an IT Specialist, you will work as a key member of our talented team, undertaking a range of analytical tasks associated with software, software packaging, licensing and usage reporting for key customers.
This role leverages your data analysis and problem solving skills in the context of enterprise software deployed in complex environments. You have an eye for detail, and able to learn and improve software discovery processes, analytical procedures and utilise technology tools to create unique business insights. Your sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, coupled with your professional consulting manner and technical skills gained from IT, commerce or similar studies are a distinct advantage.
In particular, you will:
- Perform analysis and data manipulation of software identified on corporate networks to Group 10’s high standards
- Represent complex data and develop high quality reports using Excel and Word
- Develop innovative methods to aggregate and report on licence usage data
- Develop and execute repeatable, transparent processes for data manipulation, ensuring analysis is undertaken to Group 10’s high levels of quality and accountability
- Liaise with business users to assist the manual collection of software licence usage data
- Identify and assist in the resolution of technical issues preventing accurate discovery or reporting of deployed software
- Communicate effectively and engage with business areas to identify software usage patterns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word for modelling and report preparation
- Background in or knowledge of software packaging, licensing and analysis is an advantage
- Understanding of technical aspects of ICT environments
- Professional awareness and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and also as part of a team to produce outcomes that are timely and of high quality
- Ability to “learn on the job” and adapt as new information becomes available
Please Note: This IT Specialist role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GROUP 10
Working with Group 10 is challenging, fun, diverse and engaging. You will be exposed to a compelling blend of work and training opportunities, as well as becoming an integral part of our fantastic social culture. You will work alongside talented colleagues and a leadership team that is committed to your success. You will be empowered to drive innovative propositions for your customers, and have the flexibility to sharpen your talents across our diverse customer portfolio.
ABOUT GROUP 10 CONSULTING
Group 10 is a highly successful and rapidly expanding professional services firm that provides ICT Asset Management, Contract Management and Advisory Services to the Australian public sector and private industries. We transform our customers’ business operations by driving demonstrated efficiencies across the ICT asset management lifecycle.
Our professional services are in high demand because we deliver real results; we reduce cost, take out risk, and improve our customer’s asset management maturity enabling long lasting efficiencies. We have some of the IT industry’s most experienced professionals and enthusiastic innovators on board. Our people are our greatest asset, and now you have an opportunity to join our team.